Existing users of the Pike EVO® UTC system will already be familiar with this cost-effective solution which facilitates a simple method of deployment and use of UTC connected temporary signals without the need for cables. This innovative approach of putting temporary signals under UTC control was pioneered by Pike in 2015 and helps keep traffic moving efficiently during disruptive road improvement schemes.
This market leading technology for temporary traffic control solutions has now been formally granted patent status.
System Patent GB2534294 ‘Temporary pedestrian or traffic signal controlled by a UTC System’
- Allows the user to deploy standard Pike EVO® mobile Traffic Signals under UTC control with wireless technology
- Uses Pike’s robust Radio Communications systems for fast deployment and removal without wires or cables
- UTC Controller can be deployed with existing EVO® heads saving asset costs
- UTC connection compatible with UG405 protocol
- Simple to use push-button design
- System can provide control up to 34 Heads, 9 Traffic Phases and 8 Pedestrian crossing points